I make this ahead of time and store in glass containers with lockable lids. This helps to keep it moist for at least 24 hours.
Use steamed rice as-is or as a base ingredient to many other recipes.
Rice is very economical, especially when purchased in bulk. I can generally get 15 lbs of yummy Jasmine rice for under $1/lb. This results in cost/serving of about $0.09. Now that’s a deal.
- 1 part dry rice
- 1½ parts water
- Choose whatever measuring cup size you want. If you choose 1 cup of dry rice, then it will make about 2 cups of finished rice.
- Measure 1 portion of rice.
- Measure 1½ portions of water.
- Rinse rice under cold water to remove excess starch.
- Combine rice and water in a saucepan and stir to even out the rice.
- Leave the lid off and place the heat on high until it's near boiling.
- Place the lid on the pan and turn down to a simmer. Adjust temperature so that it's high enough for some (but not excessive) steam to escape from the lid.
- Cook for about 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove from the stove when done and fluff with a fork.