I spend hundreds of hours researching and testing so that I can provide you with the best money saving tips. I am supported by our readers and may earn a commission if you buy through our Affiliate Links at no cost to you. Thank you so much for your support. Read More
You don’t have to have a machine to make an outstanding Panini. I’ll show you how to do it with an inexpensive cast iron skillet. I’ve made these sandwiches for a lot of my friends and family and I’m getting really good reviews.
Here is what you will need
- One cast iron pan. This can be of almost any size and shape as long as the sides are not too high.
- Another pan to weight the panini down. You can use a sauce pan filled with water or you can use another cast iron pan. Just try to find something that’s a little bit bigger than the sandwich.
- Your favorite bread, sliced.
- Ham, turkey, chicken or other lunch meat
- Toppings such as tomatoes, onions, pickles, cheese, & sauerkraut.
- Dress with mayo and mustard if desired.
- Butter for browning
- First, prepare all your ingredients. Slice the lunch meat and condiments in thin even slices.
- Next build your sandwich in layers. The first layer Will be lunch meat, followed by any ingredient it might be wet such as pickles and tomatoes. You don't want to put these next to the bread or else they will make it soggy. Top with one last layer of lunchmeat.
- At any dressings such as mayo and mustard to taste.
- Butter one side of bread bread in place that site down on the cast-iron skillet. Add another pan is a weight such as another cast iron horse saucepan fill with water. I Allow this to cook until golden brown.
- Remove the pan uses a weight and butter the other side of the bread. Turn over and place the pan back on the sandwich. Cook as before until golden brown.