Rice pudding is an old time favorite.
My grandma used to make rice pudding all summer long when we visited her.
Her recipe consisted of milk, eggs, sugar, raisins, vanilla, cinnamon, and rice. She made dishes like this with her sister in a restaurant along with other comfort foods.
I’ll show you how she made it, but this time without dairy for those who are intolerant.
This is a simple 2 step process
1. Heat eggs, sugar, spices, and soy milk on the stove.
2. Combine the liquids with pre-made rice and raisins, then bake.
It’s about that easy.
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice
- 1½ Cups Soy Milk
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Raisons
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Make 2 cups of rice by taking 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water, bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on. See our Easy Steamed Rice Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine soy milk and sugar in a sauce pan. Mix thoroughly.
- Whisk eggs until they are thoroughly combined in a bowl.
- Add eggs to milk mixture and heat until almost boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon, then whisk to break up any clumps of cinnamon.
- Combine cooked rice, soy mixture, and raisins, then transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Bake until done, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warmed with some rice or soy milk poured on top.